Followers

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Adjective, Adverb, and noun clauses

 


Independent clause: It is a sentence that can stand by itself.

Ex: Summer is very relaxing.

Dependent clause: It is a sentence that cannot stand by itself.

Ex: Since there is no school summer is very relaxing.

Types of clauses

1. Adjective clause: It is a subordinate clause that describes a noun or a pronoun.

Ex: Summer, which is my favorite season, is fun an enjoyable

2. Adverb clause: It is a subordinate clause that modifies a verb, an adjective, or an adverb.

Ex: The lake is very enjoyable, as long as the water isn’t freezing cold.

3. Noun clause: It is a subordinate clause used as a noun (it can be used as a subject, direct or indirect object, object of a preposition, or a predicate noun).

Ex: Whoever had a fun summer doesn’t like returning to school.

My own sentences:

Adjective clause:

1. Apple, which is my favorite fruit, is very healthy.

2. That man, who is very tall, is my father.

Adverb clause:

1. I played videogames until my hands heart.

2. I’m going to drink the tea, as long as it still hot.  

Noun clause:

1. Whoever pick that restaurant has a good taste.

2. Where I come from is very beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exercise of analyzing

Here is a video of an exercise I did with a classmate where we analyzed different graphics, essays, and articles.